Goals For The Season


Summer is well and truly over in the UK and autumn is in full swing. Whether we're still in education or not, many of us still associate this time of year with fresh beginnings and new starts. For me, this autumn brings the most dramatic changes I have probably ever experienced in my life. Not only am I starting a new course at a new university, but I'm also moving to a new city and living away from my family and friends for the first time. There's a whole lot of 'firsts' going on so I thought I'd do a little post about the things I want to achieve over the next few months.

1) Get my bearings in London - I have now officially made the move down to London and I want settling in to be my main priority for a while. Even though I'm used to studying in a big city, Manchester doesn't come close to London in terms of size and confusing-ness! I'm going to need to dedicate plenty of time to finding my way around the place and making it feel more like home.

2) Settle into my course - I've still got a couple of weeks left until I actually begin my course but when that rolls around I want to put everything into settling in, finding friends and adjusting to actually working again! Having had almost 4 months off it's going to be a shock to the system but in honesty I've always quite liked being in education and I'm excited to be going to study something I am truly passionate about.

3) Keep to my blogging schedule - Despite all of the changes that are going to be happening in my life, I really want to make an conscious effort to stick to my blogging schedule and post at least once a week on a Wednesday. I'm going to have to get used to photographing in a new environment and adjust to not having immediate access to Photoshop, along with all of my new university commitments, but I'm determined to stick to it.

4) Do some blogging 'firsts' - I am attending my first ever blogger event this week and in the spirit of that I want to dedicate one of my goals for this season to doing some 'firsts' for my blog. Events, hosting a Twitter chat, new types of posts, whatever is it is, I just want to push my boundaries a little bit. Who knows, there might even be a giveaway coming up (wink wink!). I don't want this to stop being fun and so I think it'll be great to try something new!

That's it - just four! But they seem like quite big ones to me, there's a lot of adjustment going on and I'm scared and excited at the same time about the coming season. What are your goals for the next few months? I'd love to hear about them in the comments! I always find goals posts so inspiring, and you can check out all of the other lovely contributors to this linkup below...

Post a Comment