Nipple Piercing Experience & 1 Week Update


First off, I'm just going to go ahead and apologise for the image on this blog post! Nothing really seemed appropriate so I thought I'd just go with something from my Instagram so yeah, soz about that one. Anyway, onto the point of this post! It's been a long time in the making, but after several months of researching, dithering, mind changing and more researching, I finally had my nipple pierced. It's been over a week now so I thought I'd talk a little bit about my experience and how the early stages of healing are coming along, in case anyone is thinking of getting it done too. Please remember that I am not qualified as a piercer so always follow your piercers advice as they are the experts, not me!

So first off, where did I have it done? In terms of piercings, the only pieces of metal I've had stuck through me are on various locations around my ears. They're all relatively common and easy piercings and so I went to fairly cheap places (as long as it was clean, it was good enough for me). But this was different, nipple piercings can be temperamental and nobody wants something to go wrong in that area! I did plenty of research and read many reviews, eventually deciding on Extreme Needle in Covent Garden, London.

Did it hurt? Pain is such a relative thing and depends massively on the person, but let's be real here, someone is sticking a sharp piece of metal through your nipple so anyone who says it doesn't hurt is either superhuman or just trying to seem tough! That said, it was definitely bearable and not as bad as I had expected. If you've had piercings before, it shouldn't be a problem for you. The pain is so temporary that if you want to get it done, it shouldn't be putting you off.

The first week of healing has been very easy for me. There was a small amount of bleeding for the first 3 days, and swelling for the first 5. Both of these have subsided now and all that is left is a small amount of bruising around the area. I have been wearing cotton crop top type bralettes as I've found that these keep the piercing protected as well as being comfortable and easy to take on and off. I was quite worried about how sleeping would be as I had read it can be difficult to begin with, but I have had no problems whatsoever with this. Even on the first night, I just kept my bra on (to prevent the piercing catching) and that worked great for me.

For cleaning, I have been using a gentle soap in the shower, and sea salt soaks twice daily. It is the easiest piercing to clean that I have ever had, probably because of the location. For the first 5 days, I used a larger cup for the soaks, since there was often blood to clean away and the water would just get contaminated straight away with anything smaller. Now it's as easy as holding a shot glass to the piercing for 10 minutes twice a day. Nipple piercings are known to take a long time to heal, so while the process is easy, I'll need to keep it up for upwards of 8 weeks, perhaps even longer in case of complications. Be prepared for this commitment if you're thinking of getting your nipple (or nipples!) pierced.

Overall, my nipple piercing has been an absolute breeze and as long as I keep up the cleaning routine I don't see any reason why that shouldn't continue! Now the swelling has gone down I can say that I really like the look of it, and it'll be even better when the bruises heal. If you're thinking of getting this piercing and are willing to commit to caring for it properly, I'd say go for it! Make sure you do thorough research about where you're having it done, read as many reviews as possible and always follow the experts advice. Happy piercing!

Follow

Post a Comment